It’s the discount season. You may have been prepping for these Holiday sales for months so you can purchase that 75 inch HD 8k OLED UHD LMNOP TV that goes on sale. Perhaps you’ll be waking at 4 am on Black Friday to get that 300% early bird special.
May I suggest an alternative to buying a TV that may not fit in your living room or standing in line at 4 am to buy something you’ll forget you have in 2 months?
Starting December 1st and running through December 31st, we are having a year-end fundraiser to help support the on-going development efforts for this ministry. Truth be told, there is a 365 day a year need for support, but we understand the reality of life and its financial commitments.
The Uncommen Goal – $20,000
We are trying to raise $20,000 with this year-end fundraiser, and we need your help to get there. I know it may seem like we are always pushing something to raise money (charter, membership, gear, fundraiser, etc.) Trust us, we do not like having to ask for financial assistance, but that is the nature of a non-profit.
To set the perspective of what we develop for public consumption.
- Weekly Blog Content
- Charter Leadership Material
- Charter Challenges
- Monthly emails to Donors, Charters, Members
- Monthly YouVersion Devotionals
- Bi-monthly OliveTree Devotionals
- Weekly Facebook Live Session
- Daily Social Media Development / Monitoring
- Quarterly Uncommen Originals
- Uncommen Gear
- Uncommen Books (Husbands / Dads / Leaders)
- An audio version of blog articles
Fundraising for 2020 projects
We are developing the following content and solutions in 2020. It’s great to have plans, but it comes with the need for resources.
- The Uncommen App
- Video content around Husbands / Dads / Leaders
- Bi-monthly Uncommen Originals
- Developing new Partnerships and content
- Developing new Membership Features
How to give to this fundraiser
We want to provide you several ways to give to the year-end fundraiser.
- Donate on Uncommen.org (one-time or reoccurring)
- Facebook (we don’t have to pay transaction fees here)
The Benefits of Giving
Oh sure, there’s the write-off for your taxes, but I think God has a better reward in mind for those to give.
2 Corinthians 9:6-7
The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
1 Timothy 5:18
For the Scripture says, “You shall not muzzle an ox when it treads out the grain,” and, “The laborer deserves his wages.
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Matthew 28 19-20
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
I hope you can hear our heart in this fundraiser and know that we are on a mission to help men be the Husbands, Dads, and Leaders God always meant them to be.
- Do you find value in Uncommen? If so, do you support the ministry?
- Did you know that we are entirely donor-supported?
- Do you know what goes into running a non-profit? More info
- Do you know what we stand for? More info
I challenge you to financially support Uncommen during our year-end fundraiser with a one-time gift or the much-needed recurring donation.
Author: Tj Todd is the creative director of UNCOMMEN and the CEO of Studio490 Creative Services.