The Uncommen Why
Life is a struggle. We believe every man struggles with something in life whether it be addiction, money, health, family, confidence, success, etc. Every man shares common problems; we feel we have an uncommen solution in Christ Jesus. We could be another spectator watching men fall short of the mark or we could do something about it. Uncommen wants to see men succeed and have an impact on their families, community and the world. So we chose to make a difference and develop content to encourage men to be the Husband, Dad and Leader they were always meant to be.
The Uncommen How
We look to what God outlined in the role of a man and to the teachings and example of Jesus Christ to empower men to succeed and have a positive impact in their spheres of influence. We deliver weekly content through blogs, social media, the YouVersion Bible app and devotionals. We also set-up, encourage, train and support Charters (small groups).
The Uncommen What
We seek Godly wisdom through prayer, speak openly to men about the issues they face, and challenge men to better themselves in tangible ways. We provide monthly Bible study content grounded in God’s Word around the core topics of Husbands, Dads, & Leaders and we develop a social media presence to meet men where they are. Our primary method of delivering this eternity changing content is enabling and supporting men to start a small group right in their communities where they can grow and speak honestly.
The Uncommen Who
Let’s take a look at the COMMON Man
- Age 25 – 55
- Highest consumer group of porn
- 2.5 hours on his smart phone a day
- 3.4 minutes a day talking to his kids
- 17 minutes a week talking to his wife
- Volunteers less than 25% of the time
Let’s take a look at the COMMON Man’s family
- Fatherless children are five times as likely to live in poverty
- 75% of volunteers are women
- 24.7 million children live absent from their biological father
- 17 million children living with their single mothers
- 26% of absentee fathers live in a different state than their children
So how do we become UNCOMMEN?
- We start with prayer because we need wisdom
- We start developing content that speaks openly to men and their issues
- We don’t pull any punches when it comes to the hard conversations
- We challenge men to better themselves in tangible ways that are achievable
- We focus our growth on Husbands, Dads and Leaders
- We provide support by enabling men to start a small group right in their community to make a difference
- We provide monthly Bible Study content grounded in God’s word around our core topics
- We develop a social media presence to engage people openly and honestly about the issues at hand
- We end in prayer because we need to make sure what we are doing is bringing Glory to God
Pray – Encourage – Grow – Support – Repeat