The Uncommen Why
Life is a struggle. We believe every man struggles with something in life whether it be addiction, money, health, family, confidence, success, etc. Every man shares common problems; we feel we have an uncommen solution in Christ Jesus.
We could be another spectator watching men fall short of the mark or we could do something about it. Uncommen wants to see men succeed and have an impact on their families, community and the world.
So we chose to make a difference and develop content to encourage men to be the Husband, Dad and Leader there were always meant to be.
If there were ever a time when men are completely confused as to what it means to be a man, it’s in today’s landscape. Am I too much of a man in the sense that I’m overcompensating? Am I too little of a man in the sense, I do not step up when I need to? In a time where there is no shortage of people trying to tell you what a man should be, we choose to look to God and what was outlined in the role of a man. Why start there?
Let’s take a look at Jack
- Age 25 – 55
- Highest consumer group of porn
- 2.5 hours on his smart phone a day
- 3.4 minutes a day talking to his kids
- 17 minutes a week talking to his wife
- Volunteers less than 25% of the time
Let’s take a look at Jack’s family
- Fatherless children are five times as likely to live in poverty
- 75% of volunteers are women
- 24.7 million children live absent from their biological father
- 17 million children living with their single mothers
- 26% of absentee fathers live in a different state than their children
So where do we start?
- We start with prayer because we need wisdom
- We start developing content that speaks openly to men and their issues
- We don’t pull any punches when it comes to the hard conversations
- We challenge men to better themselves in tangible ways that are achievable
- We focus our growth on Husbands, Dads and Leaders
- We provide support by enabling men to start a small group right in their community to make a difference
- We provide monthly Bible Study content grounded in God’s word around our core topics
- We develop a social media presence to engage people openly and honestly about the issues at hand
- We end in prayer because we need to make sure what we are doing is bringing Glory to God
Pray – Encourage – Grow – Support – Repeat