Life is full of problems. Life is consistently imperfect. Life is life. In spite of that, we still have so much to be thankful for today. The fact that we are alive is enough for us always to be thankful.
Still, it is easy for us to look at our problems and what we don’t have and complain about life. There is always something to complain about. But thankfully there is always something to be thankful about. In fact, there are many things to be grateful for in your life. And we can be thankful for them all day all long. Here are just a few things to remind yourself of in the morning, to remember how blessed you are.
1. Life: The ability to breath air each day and experience life each day is enough to be thankful. God gave us life. God blessed us with life. It is a gift. Every moment that we breath is a gift from God.
2. Parents: Although your parents are not perfect, they did bring you into this world, and they did raise you. Focus on what your parents did right and forgive for the things they did wrong. If you didn’t have parents around you growing up, God has given you the blueprint on how not to raise your children. That’s a blessing in itself.
3. Friends: Regardless of the amount, you probably have someone in your life that you’d consider a friend, a confidant. They’re there for you, and together, you can push through life supporting each other. They aren’t perfect, but neither are you. Be thankful for people who care about you.
4. Health: How many times have you praised God for the ability to walk or go to the bathroom? When was the last time you got frustrated about having to park farther away from your destination, instead of being thankful that God blessed you with the ability to walk those extra few hundred feet?
5. The ability to improve our life: With God, all things are possible. No matter where you are in life, if you do your best and trust God to take care of the results, your life will improve. Always be thankful for your potential. Always strive to be better. Whether you are achieving your goals or you have goals that you want to achieve, remember God has given you a mind and a body that He expects you to use to the best of your ability for His glory. If we are living a life that leaves the results to God, you won’t be so focused on what goes wrong. You’ll focus on who is in control.
6. Good times: There are so many awesome moments in our life. But we tend to only focus on the bad ones. Instead, each day write down the good things that happened to you. Maybe the weather was enjoyable, or someone gave you a compliment on what you were wearing. Big or small, look to focus on what good happened to you. And if no good is happening to you, help someone out. When you support them, you will feel good. Praise God for these moments. And be thankful for them.
7. Bad times: We live in a fallen world. There will be bad times. No matter how good of a person you are bad times will still befall you. In fact, if you are a Christian, you are guaranteed to have suffering in your life. It has been promised to you. Why? Because God uses it. He uses it for His glory, and for our good. Thank God for the part you get to play in His story and how the Gospel will be advanced through your bad times.
8. Hope in Christ: Christ has a plan for each one of us. Our strengths, weaknesses, and circumstances are used by God so that we always praise and trust Him. Christ came so that all might know Him: John 3:16 says,”For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.” Knowing this should keep us thankful.
“Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” — 1 Thessalonians 5:13
Author: Zach Buckler was born in Baltimore, Maryland, graduated from Liberty University, and currently lives in Charlotte, North Carolina. He has more than five years of experience in social media marketing, voice acting, content moderation, and copywriting for radio stations, marketing companies, and community organizations.