1 Timothy 1:19 “Keeping your faith [leaning completely on God with absolute trust and confidence in His guidance] and having a good conscience.”
Catching The Season’s Contagious Colds
The winter season is here! We’ve traded our boat-shoes for snow-boots and our mornings are spent shoveling the car out of the snow and defrosting our car windows. Snowflakes decorate our home windows while snowmen stand proudly in our front lawn. The kids are engaging in snow fights, making snow angels, and building igloos in the backyard. When I was younger, I shoveled snow off of my neighbor’s sidewalk and driveways for extra cash.
Now my wife and I spend our evening reconnecting after a long day of work over hot cocoa topped with whip cream and caramel. We’ve also spent this season trying not to catch the flu. There are many contagious illnesses, none of which we want to bring home. Nevertheless, like a common cold, our faith should be infectious for our family. Our faith should be something that our wife and kids want to catch but never want to be cured from.
5 Tips To Have Contagious Faith
I encourage all the husbands to be Uncommen and have contagious faith! Here are 5 things you can do.
1. Pray without Ceasing. — As men, we tend to handle things by ourselves and do things the way that we want to. However, when we are faced with trials, we must bring our needs to God. When we pray, it shouldn’t be one single action during the day. When your wife and kids see you praying day-in and day-out, they will be inspired. It will cause them to pray without ceasing.
2. Believe Wholeheartedly — God hears our every prayer and is with us every step of the way. He supplies our every need in his perfect timing. The enemy wants to place doubt in our mind, but we have overcome by the blood of the lamb and the words of our testimony. If He blessed us before, He will bless us again so we can trust Him with all of our heart.
3. Speak Up — There are life and death in the words we speak. If we speak negatively, our perspective often shifts to focus on the negative. Nevertheless, if we don’t say anything, then it could be a sign of fear. Speak up about God and His abilities.
4. Receiving God’s Truth — God’s word tells us that He has a plan for our life and that all things work together for our good. So whatever we’re going through, we must remember God’s truth. We can’t allow the world’s truth to creep into our minds, which is why we must continue to read our bible to hide the word in our heart.
5. Remain Positive — Research shows that when we’re positive, it increases our overall wellbeing. God’s word tells us to rejoice in Christ’s power. We cannot allow our circumstances to dictate our demeanor. God said that with Him all things are possible. Remembering who God is should motivate us to remain positive.
Takeaway: As Uncommen men, we’re called to share our faith. The Great Commission commands us to have contagious faith. Join with us in spreading it to those around us.
Author: Donzell Lampkins
Share This Post