Where are you going? (trying to put the direction in your purpose)
How are you supposed to lead if you don’t know where you’re going?
- Meditates on and prays over God’s Word – This allows his faith to grow and allows for his thoughts, words, and deeds to bring Glory to God
- Acknowledges his helplessness – A leader understands that he is nothing without Christ. He has to be fully reliant on Jesus to lead others
- Has a love/concern for others – This leader wants to see others come to the saving knowledge of Jesus. That means he has to love both friend and foe
George Mueller – The first thing the child of God has to do morning by morning is to obtain food for the inner man.
- Anchored – Christian leader is grounded in the Word of God and not swayed by society or opinion.
- Optimistic – This person understands the battle is already won and while there may be trials every day, there is rest in the eternal.
- Driven – A Christian leader is driven in his faith and therefore is intense in his pursuit. Romans 12:8 …the one who leads, with zeal;…
- Self-controlled – If we are to lead others to Jesus, we cannot let ourselves be led to the world. We shouldn’t be more concerned with a political party than the external destination of others
- Mature thinker – a Christian leader prays, thinks, considers, seeks Godly counsel, is not gullible or trendy. If praying for Wisdom isn’t in your top two you may be in trouble. 1 Corinthians Brothers, do not be children in your thinking. Be infants in evil, but in your thinking be mature.
- Tactful – It’s hard to lead others to Christ if you are constantly arguing.
- Articulate – Taking a moment to be counseled by the Holy Spirit and gather your thoughts will allow you and I to effectively communicate with people.
- A good judge of character – a mature leader can detect worldliness and steer clear of the pitfalls of those spreading it.
- Theologically focused – A Christian leader should pass everything through the lens of Christ Jesus. He holds up that information, opinion, sermon, blog, movie, music, social post to the plumbline of the Word of God.
Colossians 3: 17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
James 1:8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
2 Corinthians 10:5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
Truth & Grace
- You can’t lead people if you don’t know where you’re going and you shouldn’t lead people if you going in the opposite direction of God
- James 3:1 Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness.
Challenge: I challenge both you and me to examine our leadership position and see if we are in the Will of God
Leadership can be spelled with an M – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN66d…
Seeking Godly Counsel – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAWww…
Middle of the mountain – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oskMT…